The voter list registration online (Matadata Namawali Darta) has gone online in 5 more districts. The apex election body first launched the pre-registration on July 13 (Ashar 29th) as part of a pilot operation in the three districts of the capital – Kathmandu, Lalitpur, and Bhaktapur. Now, people of 5 more districts beyond the capital have access to the popular online service.
The Election Commission has made online voter registration available in Chitawan, Kaski, Kavrepalanchok, Morang, and Jhapa. If you hadn’t registered already on a voters’ list this is the time you went to online support given that it is available in your district.
After completing the registration, you will still need to visit District Election Commission, District Administration Office, and Local Administration Office. The government says it is required to verify your authenticity.
For the online system, the Election Commission has already developed the online voter registration system. The body decided to launch the online service in phases after its meeting on Ashar 28.
Chief Commissioner Dinesh Kumar Thapaliya said that the system is going to benefit the citizens who are not registered with a photo. They can now go to the commission’s website and submit their personal details electronically. But the applicant must still be present at the concerned election office in the district to get the photocopy and fingerprint with the print copy and other necessary documents. They will also need to bring along the unique ID number they receive while applying online.
Once it starts, you will be able to complete your voter registration online at your convenience.
Meanwhile, It is possible that the body will also have a provision to change the voting location for those who have migrated or married away from their registered constituency.
Till now, the commission has been registering the voters’ list via the biometric voter’s registration system (BVRS). But the system is being upgraded to the advanced online version.
Also see: Check Your Voter ID Card Online in 6 Easy Steps
Voter List Registration Online will reduce workload by 70 percent
After the online system kickstarts, the enrollment workload will reduce by up to 70 percent.
The software will allow you to submit all the necessary details from your smartphone. After submitting personal details and documents, a unique ID number will be issued to the applicant on the provided mobile number. Based on the unique number, the commission will process biometric verification and register you as a voter.
The spokesman Poudel shared that the public will get relief from the online registration system. However, they must visit concerned offices for authentication.
Check out: National ID Card Project Speeds Up in Nepal
Deputy Secretary of the Information Technology Branch of the Commission, Aadesh Khadka, has informed that the enrollment software will be launched in a few days. The commission has spent around Rs 1.7 million on the software.
Steps to apply for voter list registration online
- First, you need to visit this link https://applyvr.election.gov.np/
- Then you will see the page for voter list pre-registration. Click on ‘Registration’.
- You will see a set of instructions for the process. Click on ‘Banda Garnuhos’ to proceed.
- Now, enter your mobile number and click on the arrow to the right
- Next, you will receive a 4-digit OTP code
- Enter the OTP code and move to the next steps
- When you enter the page, you will get a new interface to fill up your personal details
- Click on New Registration to the left
- Enter all the required details correctly
- After this, you click on ‘Submit’
- You will receive a unique ID number. The unique number you receive while applying online verifies your identity. Print it for your future requirement
- Take this copy of the print to your district’s election office where you need to submit your fingerprint, photo, and other documents
- The office shall issue you your federal voter ID card.
The online pre-registration cuts your obligation to visit the election office and stay in the queue for your turn. You also save your time on travel and additional costs for the process.
If the location has been an impediment to becoming a voter, the online pre-registration will bring a huge relief to you. But does the requirement to visit offices for verification totally ruin the convenience that comes with the online service? Share with us in the comments below.
[…] Source link […]
[…] Source link […]
[…] Continue Reading… […]
[…] Looking to make a Voter’s ID in Kathmandu? Have a read:-Voter List Registration Online from Kathmandu in First Phase […]