How to activate international roaming in NTC and Ncell, today’s article is all about this. Roaming is a useful service for those traveling abroad and wanting to use the same SIM. It enables you to connect calls and messages to your own SIM card even outside its country of origin. Let’s learn how to activate roaming in NTC and Ncell.
Table of Contents
- What is International Roaming?
- How to Activate International Roaming in NTC Prepaid
- How to Activate International Roaming in NTC Postpaid
- NTC’s Roaming Data Packs for India
- How to Activate International Roaming in Ncell
- Activate International Roaming Voice and Pack in Ncell
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is International Roaming?
International Roaming service allows a customer to access the mobile network while they are out of their home country. Suppose, you have a Nepal Telecom/Ncell SIM (with roaming service enabled), then your SIM will get connected to the available networks automatically. But do note, using the roaming service is expensive as compared to the call/data/SMS service used in the home country.
How to Activate International Roaming in NTC Prepaid
In order to activate international roaming in GSM Prepaid NTC SIM, you can go through the following steps;
- Users can dial *1415# and select 7. Or else, directly dial *1415*7#.
- Select number 2 for activating the international roaming service.
- You can also activate India data Roaming for cheaper data rates if you’re traveling to India.
- By the way, customers can also use the Nepal Telecom app to activate the roaming service.
- Users can also dial 1498 in case of any errors or confusion.
How to Activate International Roaming in NTC Postpaid
For NTC postpaid numbers, the procedure is a bit different. Before, you need to visit the NTC office and deposit Rs 10000 in your account. But now, you can follow the steps below (without visiting the Ntc counter) to activate the service;
- First, you need to make a deposit and ensure you have more than Rs 5,000 in your account.
- Dial *1415*7*3# on your phone dialer.
- Then, the international roaming service will be activated in your NTC Postpaid number.
In case one is abroad already, one can send an email to email@example.com for inquiries and complaints regarding the service for both prepaid and postpaid numbers.
NTC’s Roaming Data Packs for India
Nepal Telecom also provides a roaming data pack for India. To subscribe, one can dial *1415*7*2*3#.
|NTC’s India Roaming Data Pack||Tariff in Nepali Rupees|
|100MB (1 Day)||Rs.125|
|500MB (7 Days)||Rs.555|
|1024MB (30 Days)||Rs.1125|
How to Activate International Roaming in Ncell
Talking about Ncell, international roaming is automatically activated by default on its numbers. But for India, Bangladesh, and China, one needs to activate it manually in order to use the service in those three countries. You can do this by following these steps;
- Users can dial *17129*1# and select activation of roaming for India, China & Bangladesh. Activation doesn’t cost any charge and is free.
- Any issues or complaints can be messaged to Ncell via sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Activate International Roaming Voice and Pack in Ncell
There is also a roaming voice and data pack by Ncell. You can subscribe to the service through the roaming voice pack via the following steps;
- First, users need to dial *17129# and select the preferred voice packs (3 or 4).
- One can choose between; the Daily Voice/SMS Pack and Weekly Voice/SMS Pack.
For roaming unlimited data pack, please go through the following steps;
- Users can dial *17129# first.
- And then select the Daily Data Pack option.
- Tap on Activate Data Pack.
|Ncell’s Roaming Pack||Tariff in Nepali Rupees|
|Daily Unlimited Data Roaming Pack||Rs.126.79 Per Day|
|Daily Voice & SMS Pack||Rs.450|
|Weekly/Voice SMS Pack||Rs.1250|
Frequently Asked Questions
How to activate international roaming in NTC Prepaid?
Users can dial *1415# and select 7. Or else, directly dial *1415*7#. And then, select 2 for NTC users.
How to activate international roaming in NTC Postpaid?
NTC Postpaid users need to make a deposit and ensure they have more than Rs 5,000 in their account. And then Dial *1415*7*3# on your phone dialer.
How to activate international roaming in Ncell?
Ncell users can dial *17129*1# and select activation of roaming for India, China & Bangladesh. Activation doesn’t cost any charge and is free.
Does NTC have an international roaming?
Yes, Nepal Telecom (NTC) has an international roaming feature.
Is international roaming free?
Activating roaming is free but data and call charges will be higher during roaming.
How much are the international roaming charges?
Roaming charges differ as per the carriers. You can check the tariff in this article or on their official sites.
Why is my NTC Ncell SIM not working abroad?
Your NTC or Ncell SIM is not working abroad because you might not have activated roaming services.
Is International Roaming automatically activated?
No, international Roaming is not activated automatically. You have to do it yourself before leaving Nepal.
What do I do if international roaming is not working?
In case, your international roaming is not working, you can contact the customer service center or social media pages of your carrier directly. Or else, you can also write an email to them as well.
How long does it take to activate international roaming?
It takes a few seconds to activate international roaming.
How can I use my local SIM internationally?
You can use your local SIM internationally by activating the roaming service.
How do I select an international roaming network?
Mostly, your smartphone will automatically switch to an available network abroad but you can manually select the network under the network settings of your phone.
How to activate roaming in Ntc from Abroad?
To activate roaming in your Ntc SIM from abroad, you need to email Ntc to email@example.com with proof of your identification for being the registered SIM owner.
So that was all about how to activate international roaming in NTC and Ncell. Well, the rise of multiple instant messaging apps like WhatsApp, Viber, and Telegram providing free calls/texts with an internet connection has made roaming less popular. Communication has got super easy with an internet connection.
But, activation of roaming service is still relevant for people not wanting to miss any calls and texts on their phone number. It also becomes handy for places abroad having no WiFi connection. So, it is always a reliable option despite being an expensive service.
So, what do you think about the international roaming service of NTC and Ncell? Have you activated and used the roaming service? Tell us your experience along with your opinions, and thoughts in the comment section below.