Nepal’s leading PSO FonePay has launched FoneTAG and Customer Presented QR for offline payment. Both innovative features were launched at the company’s recent product launch event. The service has unlocked the possibility of using Fonepay offline payment at over 1 million merchants.
FonePay brought FoneTAG combining the Tokenisation technology with others such as NFC (Near Field Communication). With the features driving a new payment mode, users can pay for goods and services with just a tap even offline. If you live in an area that is susceptible to network coverage or if you frequently move away where the network is compromised, the offline FonePay service will be extremely handy for you. The feature is available on phones with NFC. Users need to have NFC activated for offline payment to work.
But devices without NFC can benefit from CPQR.
It believes the offline payment options will bring a revolution in Nepal’s digital payment industry and change the way payments are done.
How to use FonePay offline payment on a phone? Find steps
Find out the steps to use FonePay offline payment with FoneTAG.
- Step 1: Log in to the FonePay app
- Step 2: Link your bank account
- Step 3: Activate offline payment
- Step 4: Find “Offline Payments” tap on it, and tap again on your preferred method of FoneTag or Customer Presented QR. This could be determined by the availability of NFC on your phone or the lack of it.
- Step 5: You get a screen asking you to enable “NFC and Contactless Payments” in your phone setting to proceed.
- Step 6: By just holding your phone to a merchant terminal device, you can perform FonePay offline payment.
- Step 7: If your phone has no NFC feature, tap on “Customer Presented QR” for offline payment.
- Step 8: Merchants will scan your QR (CPQR) for completing the payment.
Check out: The top 5 Mobile Banking Apps in Nepal, Find the List Here!
So far, we have had the pleasure of making payments with digital wallets or mobile banking with FonePay QR or without it but it depended on the internet connection. However, the need to have a working data connection is removed with the offline Fonepay feature. How cool do you find it? Do share with us in the comments below.