Xiaomi has launched its new midrange monster Redmi Note 12 5G in Nepal. Part of its Redmi Note 12 family, the affordable model comes with a blend of specs and value for money as customarily with the Chinese global brand. Let’s find out more about its performance, camera, availability, price in Nepal, and more.
Redmi Note 12 5G price in Nepal
The Redmi Note 12 5G is a junior sibling of the popular Redmi Note 12 5G Pro version which is already available in Nepal. It comes with 5G connectivity, a 48 MP camera, Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 SoC, in a 6.7-inch display. If you are unwilling to pay a few thousand more for the pro version but want a “12” series device, it can be your choice. Let’s find out more in detail.
Check out: Redmi Note 12 Pro Launched in Nepal | Price and Specs
Design and Display
Unsurprisingly, the Redmi Note 12 5G keeps a similar design profile to its “Pro+” sibling. It comes with curved edges on the rear and a dot-style notch in the front. Its body is made of polycarbonate and has a matte surface.
The device stretches 6.67 inches and boasts an AMOLED panel with Full HD+ resolution. The high 120 Hz refresh rate renders the screen very smooth while 1,200 nits of brightness helps with easier viewing outdoors. The SGS Eye Care certification provides relief against the blue light coming off the screen.
Performance and Memory
The Redmi Note 12 5G is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 chipset built using a 6nm process. It houses Octa-core processors with two cores clocking 2 GHz and the other six 1.8 GHz. It offers a 15% and 10% performance boost in CPU and GPU respectively. The good thing about it is that it supports a 5G connection.
The mid-range SoC is paired with Adreno 619 GPU to handle graphics on the device. With it, you won’t fancy the punchy gaming experience with maxed-out settings as on a flagship phone. The chipset only does what is expected of this affordable lineup. The device comes with 128 UFS 2.2 storage in 4 GB or 6 GB LPDDR4x RAM. There’s an option to extend the memory up to 1 TB via a micro SD card.
The RN12 5G sports a rather moderate 48 MP camera with f/1.8 aperture in a triple-rear camera setup. There’s an 8 MP ultrawide with f/2.2 and a 2 MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture. You won’t get the most sharp and accurate images on its modest optics however, won’t let you down outdoors. But don’t expect better photography at night or in low-light conditions. The primary camera can shoot videos at 1080p@30fps.
On the front is a 13MP selfie shooter with f/2.5 aperture for taking photos and videos. Just like the main back camera, it can also record footage at 1080p@30fps.
Don’t miss: Xiaomi Mobile Price in Nepal | Latest 2023 Update
The handset comes with a 5,000mAh battery which can serve for at least one full day. It also supports fast-charging technology of 33W. Xiaomi says that the device can charge 50% in just 22 minutes.
RM Note 12 5G comes with MIUI 13 out of the box which is Xiaomi’s custom skin based on Android 12. The company is likely to give 2 OS updates for the next two years and 4 years of regular security updates.
Redmi Note 12 5G Specifications:
- Dimension: 165.88 mm x 76.21 mm x 7.98 mm
- 6.67 inches Full HD+ Super AMOLED display
- 120Hz refresh rate,
- 1200 nits brightness,
- SGS eye care, Sunlight Mode, Reading Mode
- Contrast ratio: 4500000:1, 100% (typical) DCI P3, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 Processor; 6 nm mobile platform
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- RAM: 4/6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Memory: 128GB UFS 2.2 Internal storage, expandable up to 1TB
- Rear Camera: Triple Camera Setup
- 48 MP Primary Camera, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF
- 8 MP ultra-wide angle camera, f/2.2 aperture, FOV 120˚
- 2 MP macro lens, f/2.4 aperture
- Rear Video: 1080p @ 30fps
- Front Camera:
- 13 MP selfie camera, f/2.45 aperture, 1/3.0″
- Front Video: 1080p @ 30fps
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 5,000mAh battery, 33W Fast charging support
- Colors: Stardust Purple, Frosted Blue, and Onyx Black.
- Security: Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor and AI Face Unlock
- Proximity sensor,
- Ambient light sensor,
- Electronic compass,
- Geomagnetic sensor, and
- IR blaster
- Network: 5G
- 5G Bands: n1, n3, n5, n8, n28, n40, n78
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by),
- WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, GPS/AGPS, GLONASS, Infrared port, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0, OTG,
- 3.5mm headphone jack, Loudspeaker, etc.
- Software: MIUI 13 based on Android 12 OS
- Weight: 188 gm
Redmi Note 12 5G Price in Nepal and Availability
The Redmi Note 12 5G model starts at Rs. 29,999 for the 6/128GB variant. The senior model is priced at Rs. 31,999 and comes with 8/256GB specs. You can choose the device from Frosted Green, Matte Black, and Mystique Blue color options. The device is available for purchase from authorized/official Mi stores, and Daraz Nepal starting from June 11.
|Redmi Note 12 5G price in Nepal||Official Price in Nepal (Official)|
|Redmi Note 12 5G (6/128GB)||Rs. 29,999|
|Redmi Note 12 5G (8/256GB)||Rs. 31,999|
Should you buy it?
Redmi Note 12 5G comes down to preference and your budget capacity. Being priced at Rs 30,000 is within the range for midrange phone buyers. As you should know, it is the lesser variant of the “Pro” model so you could prefer it only if you are not ready to fork out some extra cash for the superior model.
However, its fast charging support, 5G, and large battery could still earn you a deal. Anyway, the device doesn’t lack in the specs segment for its price too.