In this post, you will learn how to check EDV result 2024 (Electronic Diversity Visa) in Nepal. Find the easy steps and save your time and money before you think of getting external assistance.
The US opened the 2024 EDV lottery on October 5, 2022, and closed on November 8, 2022, at 12:00 PM EST. Those who submitted their applications during this period are eligible to be selected for the 2024 electronic diversity visa.
Check EDV result 2024
America’s State Department which runs the Diversity Visa program will publish the result for DV 2024. The program runs as a lottery for the participants who, if selected can go to the US at an affordable cost and get a green card for permanent residence in the United States. No wonder, the EDV (Electronic Diversity Visa) is a rage in Nepal.
Every year thousands of Nepalese participate in the US-run EDV lottery with an eagerness to go to the US. Many signs up for the lottery themselves, pick a photo themselves, and fill up details, while many others take the help of others paying fees. For outside assistance, they choose cyber cafes or photo studios and they pay a small amount.
It’s not difficult to imagine, that many find it at odds to check the EDV results. That is because many are not aware of the website, or process, or they find it too cumbersome. As a result, they end up spending money to check the result while you can do so by yourself and easily. But here, we have listed the steps in order with pictures to make it easy for you. Kindly check them below.
Also read: Renew Mero Share with Khalti for Free
DV result 2024 Nepal time
The official website of the US state department publishes DV result 2024 at 09:45 pm Nepali time. But due to the enormous traffic the website receives, you will most likely have to make a few attempts to get your confirmation. We suggest you stay patient and ensure a better internet connection to have a better chance of finding it out at the earliest.
How to check EDV result 2024 Nepal?
Follow the steps below to check EDV result 2024. The images below are for reference and should be fine to guide you through.
- First, visit this official website. Due to the immense traffic, the site may not open in the first hours following the latest results. Be patient and keep trying.
- When it loads, click on Check Status. Then it will lead to another page.
- Click on Continue below Entrant Status Check Instructions. It shows like this below in the image.
- Now, there is a whole page with different segments to fill up the details.
- First, type the 16-digit confirmation number that begins with the program year. It is the number the site gave you when you applied for it. You might have taken a printed copy or saved the web page or the number somewhere. Make sure you enter the exact sequence. In case you have forgotten it, click on Forgot Confirmation Number to retrieve it.
- Then, in the second box, type your last family name (surname).
- Then enter your year of birth for the primary entrant. If you didn’t know what a primary entrant means, it’s the one under whom the application is submitted, not the wife or a child in case it applies.
- Then forth, enter the characters you see on the screen. These characters are different for every user and for every session. So be careful and type each character with caution. Also, remember that these characters are case-sensitive. But if you are not comfortable with the characters, choose an audio option to proceed.
- Then Submit.
- Now, you will now see whether you have been selected or not in the EDV visa lottery.
That is how you check your EDV result in Nepal. The program allows fifty thousand foreign nationals to enter the US every year. Based on how many nationals a country represents in the US, it designates the eligible countries and the quotas for countries across the continents. Learn: How to Convert English Date To Nepali; Convert Nepali Date To English
Nepal gets around 4,000 people quota to move to the US as per the popular EDV program.
If you need further assistance to check EDV result 2024, let us know in the comments below.